Easy-to-control soccer game you can play with friends
The game of soccer, or football, if you will, is likely the most popular game across the entire planet in terms of pure numbers, and if you're an Android OS mobile user, the Head Soccer game is a fun way to play a bloody game of soccer with big-head characters.
Reviewing the Ins and Outs of Head Soccer
Truly good games are a dying breed on mobile devices. Sure, you get those Candy Crush and other sort of addictive games to come around, but in terms of graphic quality and excitement, these new repetitive motion games aren't bringing much to the table. That's why a game like Head Soccer, released by D&D Dreams, earns such high praise. In this game, you get to play as a big-headed soccer player one-on-one against an opponent. The idea is to score more goals than the other guy, obviously, but on the way you'll be head-butting and fighting the other guy en route to victory. You're playing on a nice-looking pitch and the graphics are great for a mobile game. You can also choose to play in a single-game style of format, or a tournament style where you'll progress to win a trophy after every win.
As far as the controls go, things are pretty simplistic. You have three main buttons to push, and they'll perform a different functioning depending on whether you have the ball or if you're trying to steal the ball from your opponent. For instance, you can jump, head home, take a shot, or you can take a super shot and really kick the heck out of it. On defense, you can play this game dirty and use those buttons to kick, head-butt and assault the other guy (in a fun way, of course) in hopes of getting the ball.
Pros and Cons of Head Soccer
- Great graphics
- Single games or tournaments
- Fun and addictive
- Doesn't require Internet connection once downloaded
- File size is rather large
- Available only for Android 4.2 and up
+ fixed bug
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.